Enjoy the Journey

So much to do with so little time

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Down Yonder

Yep, my southern accent and roots are coming back all to easily. It's fun to hear people around here talk with their southern accent because I remember when mine used to be pretty thick. I continually tease Josh that are kids are going to talk like that so he better not laugh too hard at some of these southerners.

Memphis has been an adjustment for us. I feel like things are going well since I've made some friends and am getting oriented to the area without the mountains and the ocean to be my constant guides. Noah and Eli are growing so fast. Noah is talking in sentences now and Eli can roll over and over. They love to be by each other and are becoming fast friends. They actually share the same room for now. Hopefully not for long once we move so we can all get some sleep around here. Which brings me to our most exciting news...we had an offer accepted on a house! Yep, we are buying or very first home if all goes well. I have been so excited to decorate and make it our own which hasn't been easy with our budget. But, it is always fun to look and dream. Yardsales are big out here. People are hard core about it too! People map out where they will go and get up at 5am to start shopping. It is crazy. Since people love to shop yardsales, the sellers want full prices for things. It is pretty ridiculous. So, I haven't been able to even buy things at yardsales. I suppose we will be able to put our house together eventually. We do have 5 years here :)

Well, I need to go but just wanted to say hi to yall and give you a little update on us. We can't wait to get settled and start the memphis dream.

8 comments:

Mark Reeder said...

congrats on the house! That's so exciting! Crazy yard sale stuff...though, what's the point of going to the yard sale if they want full price? Why not get it new?
I love your banner too--very cool pic

Katie said...

Love the blog. You will have to post pics of your house...I am so excited for you guys! Obviously they don't know how to run a garage sale L.A. style ;)

Christina said...

Cute blog. And congrats again about the house. You won't even know what to do with all that space! Just you wait... you will fill it with junk like the rest of us and then wonder in 58 months where did it all come from.

ashlee said...

Some day we will have a home. I'll keep dreaming :-)

Kara said...

What a cute blog! Its definitely time for an update though:) You should make the ward one!

Whitney said...

Hey, I got your blog off another ward gal, hope that's okay!

joshandval said...

How does this comment thing work?

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

We can't wait for an update!