Enjoy the Journey

So much to do with so little time

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympics

So I've been watching the Olympics and talking with people and I've come to the conclusion that there are some seriously lame "sports" out there. There should be an "almost-Olympics" to accomodate these "athletes". My top three...

3. Rythmic Gymnastics- ok so I have never actually sat and watched this, but I've seen pictures. I struggle to call anything that involves twirling around with a long string a sport. Seriously...

2. Speed walking- These guys just look plain goofy. The whole time I saw this I was thinking- just run you idiot, run! This is the equivalent of having a contest of who can whisper the loudest. I think the only time this "sport" would come in handy is if you are on one side of a Super Walmart and suddenly realize you got to get to the bathrooms on the other side really quick.

1. Trampoline- Wow, when did this become a sport!?! This is every 10-12 year olds shot at an Olympic medal. I am just wondering when they will add "popcorn" (you know the game where you sit indian style and the person in the middle tries to bounce you so hard you let go) to the Olympic repetoire. When it does, I'll be ready...

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I agree that all are lame sports! but I actually think race walking is hillarious, I watch it every chance I get. I got to watch it at the olympics this yr. (live action) and it was actually way exciting (mostly b/c I love it b/c it's so funny)! A couple years ago, after watching the Pan-Am championship race walk I decited that I'd like to try it... I tired it on a treadmill so I could tell how fast I was going. I couldn't go very fast :(

Paige said...

Love your house...you guys look great! We miss you!
Paige