Enjoy the Journey

So much to do with so little time

Monday, November 3, 2008

Our very own FIRST HOUSE





Hey Everyone!

Yes, we are still alive. A little sick of painting and moving, but we have finally made it to the phase where our house is liveable now. We moved in the beginning of October and have used every spare minute to paint and organize every room of the house. We knew we wanted to paint and carpet, but we never knew it would take so long! We are extremely happy with it all and now look and think it was all worth it. Now it's on to the little projects. Josh's parents came in to town to help us out. They helped us paint the kitchen cabnets, clean, and organize some more. It was such a great gift. Josh is in the middle of making a custom closet for the master bedroom. He is doing a great job and so far it's looking good. I keep teasing him that I hope he doesn't do all this hard work and it collapses on him since he has never done such a project, but he reassures me that it wont and loves to pull me into the closet to show me just how straight EVERY board he puts in is :)

We had a really fun halloween although we have all been sick lately. Noah still has a cough and Eli still has the runny nose and cough. Noah got to carve his first pumpkin. He did really well helping take out all the gooey insides and loved watching the candle burn inside the pumpkin. This year it was all about pumpkins. Every where we went he was sure to point out the pumpkins along the way.

They were really cute as Spiderman and a Panda Bear. We dressed up as well for our ward trunk-or-treat as a witch and whatever you want to call josh. People would ask him what he was and he would just say "I just got off work!?!" People weren't sure to take that as a garbage man, consturction worker, janitor??? It was pretty funny. Noah wasn't much in to dressing up in his costume. I planned on painting his face red and letting him wear his spiderman hat, but we did well to get him into his spiderman sweats. He was a little grumpy until we started getting candy to put into his pumpkin bag and then he was all smiles! Every time I turned around he had a mough full of candy. Now when he wakes up or see's me he says "need some candy". What have we gotten ourselves into???

I have been called as Enrichment Leader so I have been busy helping plan our last activity of the year. I also helped get a play school group together and we started that last week. It was really fun! 6 toddlers running around was quite a handful, but Noah loved having so many friends to play with. I plan on starting music makers the beginning of the year. It's taken me a while to get organized enough to do it, but I am excited to get it going now that we are settled a little more.

We are really starting to enjoy it here. We have met lots of great friends, neigbors, strangers even. People love to talk to you around here. I love the change of season and look forward to some cold weather...I actually get to wear my coats I've had stored up for years.

Well, I figured it was time for an update. Hope all is well and that we get an update from you soon. Take care and enjoy the holidays!

love always,Valerie

11 comments:

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Yay!!!! I am so excited you put these pictures up! So fun. I love your house. Its beautiful! I am glad you had a fun Halloween despite being sick, sounds like our Halloween too. We miss you guys so much! I'm so glad that everything is coming together for you guys out there! Love you all.

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Your house is awesome!! I'm so excited to finally see a picture of it.

Katie said...

I love your house! Noah and Eli have both gotten so big! I love Noah's hair cut. You guys sound like you are doing great in TN!! Let's talk soon...and way to go Josh being handy!

Elder Zachary Moffat said...

your house is beautiful! how fun! thanks for the update! I loved your Halloween costumes! Josh's expression in the one family photo of you guys just cracked me up!

ashlee said...

That sounds like so much work! Good for you guys. I wish I could see it in person.

Engineman said...

fabulous! I think it takes a few days for kids to go from detox after Halloween. I am glad that you are settling in. I sure love you guys

Rachel said...

Looks great! How fun to have your own space to do whatever you want...can't wait for that day!

Hey, I need your address in Memphis. And have you been to Graceland yet? :))

Out blog is http://rachelandmia.blogspot.com email is rsp0428 at yahoo dot com.

Jeannette said...

hi I found your blog :) That is great you guys took the time to do all the home renovations. How do you find the time with kids? We just barely got our kitchen done!

Celeste Miller said...

Val, I missed you so much for Christmas. I heard you had a pretty rough day. I'm so sorry, I hope you're feeling better. Love you!
P.S. Could you send me your e-mail so I have it? Mine is celesteleigh@gmail.com in case you don't have it. Tell Josh and the kids hi for us!

Whitney said...

thanks for doing the sip-n-see! it was fun! sorry you weren't able to enjoy it the whole time... hope your kids are feeling better!

Alison said...

Although it looks like you don't check this blog very often I wanted to say hi!